The SBOA is excited to attend and exhibit at the Inside Self Storage World Expo from Tuesday, April 19th to Friday, April 22nd 2022. There are many exciting sessions and events you don’t want to miss. Read this guide to make your time at the ISS World Expo 2022 as enjoyable and productive as possible.
What is it? The Inside Self Storage World Expo 2022
When is it? Tuesday, April 19th to Friday, April 22nd
Where is it? The Mirage, Las Vegas (see map below)
Where is Everything Located?
Within the Mirage, the majority of the conference and trade show will take place in the conference center. Follow all directional signs within the hotel and casino to find the conference center area.
While we encourage you to visit as many expo booths possible during the trade show hours, make sure to visit the SBOA and SBOA Tenant Insurance Booth #333 and the SBOA alliance partners. You can learn more about their products and services, as well as their exclusive deals provided to SBOA members. Hover over the stars below to see where our alliance partners are located.
SBOA Service Providers in Attendance
- Absolute Storage Management (#331)
- Bank Five Nine (#627)
- Blink Signs/Blink Swag (#525)
- Calcumate (#1323)
- CallPotential (#422)
- Charity Storage (#230)
- Easy Storage Solutions (#512)
- Everbrite (#1003)
- Flex Storage Systems (#1225)
- Janus International (#501, #601, #701)
- OpenTech Alliance (#200)
- PostGuard (#121)
- PTI Security Systems (#619)
- Storable (#511, #613, #615)
- StorageAuctions.com (#219)
- Storage Gives (#221)
- StorTrack and List Self Storage (#426)
- The BSC Group (#630)
- XPS Solutions (#310)
The SBOA Trade Show Booth
We encourage you to stop by the SBOA trade show booth (#333) to meet our team, learn more about becoming an SBOA member or service provider, grab some free giveaways, and get a free spin of the prize wheel. A few of the prizes include: $5 chips to use in the casino area, free passes to SBOA events, giftcards, candy and more!
Trade show hours:
Wednesday, April 20th: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Thursday, April 21st: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Interested in setting up a one-on-one meeting with the SBOA team outside of trade show hours? Reach out to email@example.com to schedule a time.
Sessions You Don't Want To Miss
Educational Sessions presented by SBOA & SBOA Alliance Partners:
Tuesday, April 19th
1:00pm to 5:00pm: Development Workshop Building Phase – Troy Bix, President of R3 Division of Janus International (Grand Ballroom F)
Wednesday, April 20th
9:00am to 9:50am: Soup Up your Sales Team! A Self-Storage Owners Guide to a Powerful Staff Performance, Phil Murphy CEO & Founder of CallPotential (Grand Ballroom F)
11:00am to 11:50am: Optimizing Your Self-Storage Rental Rates for Higher NOI & Facility Value – Chuck Gordon, CEO of Storable (Grand Ballroom F)
1:00pm to 1:50pm: Way Beyond the Phone & Call Center Innovation & What It Can do for your Self Storage Business – John Traver, CEO of XPS Solutions (Grand Ballroom E)
1:00pm to 1:50pm: Hiring Services for your Self Storage Business: How to Vet and Choose Vendors & Negotiate Like a Pro – Jessica Johnson, Vice President of the Storage Business Owners Alliance (Grand Ballroom G)
1:00pm to 1:50pm: Using Tenant Insurance & Protection Plans to Shield your Self Storage Operations, Mario Macaluso, President of Best Self-Storage Insurance and Co-Founder of SBOA Tenant Insurance (Montego C)
Thursday, April 21st
8:00am to 8:50am: Don’t Waste Your Virtual Real Estate! How to Optimize Your Self Storage Website – Joshua Webb, CEO & Co-Founder of Calcumate (Grand Ballroom E)
10:00am to 10:50am: The Culture of Virtual Convenience & Customer Experience Innovation in Self Storage – Jon Loftin, Senior Vice President of Product of Opentech Alliance and Kristi Adams, Vice President of Marketing of Opentech Alliance (Grand Ballroom E)
10:00am to 10:50am: Carefully Reclaim Your Space: Lien Legislation and Self Storage Auctions – Lonnie Bickford, President of StorageAuctions.com (Montego C)
11:00am to 12:00pm: Technology and Security Self-Storage Q&A Session – Thomas Brooks, Managing Director of PTI Security Systems (Grand Ballroom E)
Friday, April 22nd
8:00am to 12:00pm: Investing Workshop Critical Essentials – Rk Kliebenstein, Principal of Coast to Coast Realty Advisors (Grand Ballroom F)
1:00pm to 5:00pm: Investing Workshop Detailed Strategies – Rk Kliebenstein Principal of Coast to Coast Realty Advisors (Grand Ballroom F)
Table Talks Presented by SBOA Alliance Partners (all in Grand Ballroom E):
Wednesday, April 20th from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
The Renovation Rampage in Self Storage – Troy Bix, President of R3 Division of Janus International
The Story Your Data Tells About your Operations – Jim Ferguson, Client Success Manager of Storable
How Call Centers Have Evolved and How They Can Help – Christian Thurgood, Director of Call Answering Department of Storable
Survey Says! What your Tenants Really Think About Technology – John Bilton, Western Region Sales Manager of Janus International
7 Tips for New Attendees
1. The ISS Customer Service desk is your FRIEND! If you are having a hard time locating anything related to the conference please visit the customer service desk. Hours are Tuesday to Thursday from 7:00am to 5:00pm, and Friday from 7:00am to 12:00pm.
2. The ISS Lounge is where you can stop to take a break and grab something to drink or snack on to help keep you energized for the long days! The ISS Lounge is open on Wednesday and Thursday only from 7:00am to 5:00pm.
3. Engage in as many networking sessions and opportunities as possible. There is a Cocktail Reception on Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Also, some of the vendors host cocktail receptions all throughout the hotel and city. The ISS Lounge is another great spot to meet connections and network.
4. Get educated! The ISS works hard to put together some of the best educational sessions for you at these shows. Take advantage of the learning opportunities from the industry experts. There are 47 seminars, keynote address, table talks, and half or full day workshops available.
5. There is an Overtime with the Experts area located in Andros A&B. This is a dedicated area where you can go meet the speakers of the sessions you attend. Don’t feel like you need to rush the stage after their session to ask them questions. Simply visit with them in this area!
6. Visit the tradeshow Wednesday, April 20th from 3:00 to 7:00 PM, and on Thursday, April 21st from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. This is your opportunity to learn about all of the industry-leading service providers.
7. Pack a conference survival kit equipped with:
- Comfortable shoes – you are going to do a decent amount of walking (track all of those steps! This event is a workout just with the walking you will do).
- Aspirin – this may become helpful after the long days in Vegas
- Chargers for all of your electronic devices
- Business Cards – this is your time to network and get to meet people. Stock up your bag with your business cards to give to others. Don’t have a printed business card? There are tons of free online business card apps. We recommend using HiHello.
Charity Event at ISS
Are you a self-storage hot shot? Come prove it and raise money for a good cause! The ISS has partnered with Charity Storage to generate funds for worthy organizations. Grab your buddies and visit booth #230 during expo-hall hours to play a round of Pop-A-Shot and show off your free-throw basketball skills. See how many baskets you can sink in 60 seconds. Play individually or go head-to-head with your fiercest colleague! A modest $10 donation is requested, and every participant will be entered into a raffle to win one of several great prizes. The player who’s made the most baskets at the end of the event will be entered into a grand-prize drawing. So, come on … Blow off some steam and donate to a good cause! Let the games begin!
Check out the ISS online program and dashboard. This online tool is an excellent resource, which includes the following:
- Detailed map of venue and expo hall
- Full schedule
- Session descriptions
- Exhibitor online directory
- Information on conference mobile app
- Sponsor details
- And much more!
Haven’t registered for the ISS World Expo 2022 yet? You can still do so by clicking here.