The SBOA is excited to attend and exhibit at the Self Storage Association Spring Conference and Trade Show in Orlando, FL from March 9-11, 2022. There are many exciting sessions and events that you don’t want to miss. Make sure to read this guide to make your time at the SSA Conference as enjoyable and productive as possible.
What is it? The Self Storage Association Spring 2022 Conference and Trade Show
When is it? Wednesday, March 9th – Friday, March 11th
Where is it? Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, FL (see map below)
Where is Everything Located?
Within the Rosen Shingle Creek, the majority of the conference and trade show will take place on the first floor. However, some events, including the LOC Meeting, FSSA Board Meeting, and AAC Meeting will take place on the second floor.
While we encourage you to visit as many expo booths possible during the trade show hours, make sure to visit the SBOA alliance partners. You can learn more about their products and services, as well as their exclusive deals provided to SBOA members. Hover over the stars below to see where our vendor partners are located.
SBOA Service Providers in Attendance
- Absolute Storage Management (#425)
- Blink Signs (#207)
- CallPotential (#523)
- Easy Storage Solutions (#220)
- Everbrite (#209)
- Flex Storage Systems (#625)
- Forge Building Company
- Janus International (#502)
- List Self Storage (#434)
- OpenTech Alliance (#614)
- PTI Security Systems (#306)
- Storable (#415)
- SBOA Tenant Insurance (#106)
- StorageAuctions.com (#435)
- StorTrack (#434)
- The BSC Group (#725)
- XPS Solutions (#428)
The SBOA Trade Show Booth
We encourage you to stop by the SBOA trade show booth (#106) to meet our team, learn more about becoming an SBOA member or service provider, and get a free professional headshot that you will receive a digital copy of.
Trade show hours:
Wednesday, March 9th: 3:30 – 7:30 PM
Thursday, March 10th: 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Interested in setting up a one-on-one meeting with the SBOA team outside of trade show hours? Reach out to email@example.com to schedule a time.
Sessions You Don't Want To Miss
Join the SBOA’s Vice President Jessica Johnson for her roundtable discussion as well as educational session.
Roundtable Discussion: Thursday, March 10th // 2:45 – 3:45 PM
Table 26 – Aces in their Places! Hiring the Right Manager and Staff!
This discussion will cover the following:
- How and where to find good talent in today’s troublesome job market
- The importance of proper training programs for your team
- Recognizing the key attributes your team should possess to be aligned
with your company goals and vision
- Strategies for retaining top talent
Educational Session: Friday, March 11th // 8:00 – 8:45 AM
Gatlin E1 – 12 Reasons Social Media Marketing is Important for Your Self-Storage Business
Social media allows marketers to connect and engage potential customers where they are at: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and even some of the younger platforms like TikTok. With a strong social media strategy and the ability to create engaging content, marketers can engage their audience appropriately. Learn about the 12 important reasons social media marketing is important for your business.
5 Tips for New Attendees
1. Attend the orientation for first-time attendees and new members on Wednesday, March 9th at 11:00am.
2. Engage in as many networking sessions and opportunities as possible. The SSA Young Leaders Group and Women’s Council always have great networking events. Also, some of the vendors host cocktail receptions all throughout the hotel and city. The SSA Cafe is another great spot to meet connections and network.
3. Get educated! The SSA works hard to put together some of the best educational sessions for you at these shows. Take advantage of the learning opportunities from the industry experts.
4. Visit the tradeshow Wednesday, March 9th from 3:30 to 7:30 PM, and on Thursday, March 10th from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. This is your opportunity to learn about all of the industry-leading service providers.
5. Pack a conference survival kit equipped with:
- Comfortable shoes – you are going to do a decent amount of walking
- Aspirin – this may become helpful after the long days in Orlando
- Chargers for all of your electronic devices
- Business Cards – this is your time to network and get to meet people. Stock up your bag with your business cards to give to others. Don’t have a printed business card? There are tons of free online business card apps. We recommend using HiHello.
Exclusive SBOA Member Cocktail Reception
We are excited host a cocktail event exclusive for SBOA members! The details are as follows:
When: Thursday, March 10th // 8:00 – 9:00 PM
Where: Howl at the Moon (8815 International Dr., Orlando, FL 32819)
Company Hosts: SBOA, SBOA Tenant Insurance, List Self Storage, StorTrack, Blink Signs, PTI Security Systems, and XPS Solutions
How to RSVP: Fill out this form by March 1st.
Check out the SSA onsite program. This program is an excellent resource, which includes the following:
- Detailed map of venue and expo hall
- Full schedule
- Session descriptions
- Information on conference mobile app
- Sponsor details
- And much more!
Click the image to view.
Haven’t registered for the SSA Spring 2022 Conference yet? You can still do so by clicking here.