HVAC is one of the largest consumers of energy in commercial properties, utilizing up to 40% of a building’s energy consumption. Coupled with the fact that inadequately installed or malfunctioning units increase energy consumption by another 30% and 18%, poorly-optimized heating and cooling processes can cause energy costs to rise quickly.
The Motili HVAC Energy Efficiency Calculator is a tool created to provide the real estate industry with the ability to calculate carbon emissions associated with HVAC operations.
Motili’s clients, commercial and multi-family owners and operators, now have access to information that will help them understand the true scale and impact of the carbon emissions they generate for indoor thermal comfort. Self storage owners with climate-controlled facilities can use the tool to estimate energy reduction and ROI by upgrading old or poorly functioning units.
The tool allows users to see five separate statistics:
- energy cost savings per unit and for all units combined over the span of ten years
- the percentage of decrease in energy use
- the kilograms of carbon equivalent emissions that can be saved per year
- gallons of gas emissions equivalent
- the weight of the carbon savings in… elephants
An ROI time is included to reflect the energy savings return versus the equipment and installation costs. Calcuate your savings here.